On 1-13 August 2017, from the invite of this Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO), Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) President Eugene Czolij along with his partner Anna fulfilled their first stop by at Australia, during which he visited Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Hobart to provide present Ukrainian dilemmas to governing that is australian and strengthen ties because of the local Ukrainian Churches and community.
Eugene Czolij received focus on the positive developments in Ukraine, which will be earnestly reforming, modernizing and combatting corruption, while offering great possibilities for financial development.
Through the conferences with Australian high-ranking federal government officials that took put on 7 and 9 August 2017 in Canberra, and 1 and 10 August 2017 in Melbourne, the UWC President thanked Australia for supporting Ukraine in countering Russian violence, that will be an international risk, and urged Australia to give further help to Ukraine in protecting its territorial integrity. The UWC President encouraged the Prime Minister of Australia to see Ukraine, and underlined the significance of an active Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Group as well as its seat visiting Ukraine. Of these conferences the UWC President ended up being followed closely by UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw. The Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich additionally participated within the conferences in Canberra.
1 2017, Melbourne august
- Had a gathering because of the President regarding the Council that is legislative of Bruce Atkinson as well as the Speaker regarding the Legislative construction of Victoria Brooks Colin; and
- Had a gathering with users of the AFUO Board and community leaders in Melbourne arranged by UWC Secretary-General and AFUO Chairman Stefan Romaniw.
2-3August 2017, Perth
- Addressed the community that is ukrainian of during a gathering arranged by the Ukrainian Association of Western Australia, headed by its President Mykola Mowczan;
- Checked out St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked about regional Ukrainian religious life with the parish priest, Father Ihor Holovko; and
- Checked out St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
4 August 2017, Adelaide
- Possessed a tour that is guided of Museum of Ukrainian Art associated with Ukrainian ladies’ Association of Southern Australia, supplied by its President Irena Boujenko;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Centre for the Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, like the east meets east dating Ukrainian college and a course for the Yevshan children’s dance ensemble; and
- Addressed the Ukrainian community of Adelaide during a gathering arranged because of the Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, headed by its President Jaroslaw Fursenko. This system included an assessment associated with the documentary that is short “50 many years of the Ukrainian World Congress” and shows by regional Ukrainian designers.
- Checked out Kniahynia Olha Ukrainian Central class, where he talked with all the pupils;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Hall associated with Ukrainian Association of Sydney;
- Visited the parish school that is ukrainian St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked using the pupils;
- Met with all the parish priest of St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, Fr. Simon Ckuj, who’s additionally the Vicar General associated with the Eparchy of Sts. Peter and Paul of this Ukrainian Catholic Church in Australia;
- Visited the Intercession for the Holy Virgin Ukrainian Orthodox Church, where he came across using the Chairman of this Parish Council Wolodymyr Woytowycz;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church;
- Addressed the Ukrainian Youth Association in Sydney in the Ukrainian Youth Centre; and
- Delivered a keynote target within a banquet focused on the UWC’s 50 th anniversary organized because of the Ukrainian Council of brand new South Wales, headed by its President Mark Shumsky.
7 August 2017, Canberra
- Had a gathering with all the Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich;
- Had conferences utilizing the Speaker of this House of Representatives of AustraliaTony Smith; and Senator, Assistant Minister for personal Services and Multicultural Affairs of Australia(on behalf regarding the Prime Minister of Australia)Zed Seselja;
- Compensated respect towards the victims of this Holodomor during the Memorial inside their memory;
- Checked out St. Nicholas UkrainianAutocephalous Orthodox Church plus the Ukrainian Centre that is orthodox he came across along with its Director Fr. Michael Solomko, who’s additionally the relative head regarding the Consistory for the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Australia and brand New Zealand; and
- Met with Fr. Wolodymyr Kalinecki of St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church.
8 2017, Brisbane august
- Met with Fr. Stefan Sapun of y Our Lady the Protectress Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church;
- Met with Fr. Mykola Serdiuk of St. Nicholas Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church; and
- Addressed the Ukrainian community in Brisbane during a gathering arranged because of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland, headed by its President Stephan Chomyn.
9 August 2017, Canberra
- Had meetings with person in Parliament, seat regarding the Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Groupand seat for the Foreign Affairs and Aid SubcommitteeChris Crewther; Senator, Vice seat regarding the Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary GroupCatryna Bilyk; Chief of Staff, workplace of this Minister for Foreign Affairs of AustraliaMurray Hansen; and Assistant Secretary for Northern, Southern & Eastern European countries Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Tradeof AustraliaKevin Magee; and
- Delivered a general general general public lecture during the Centre for European Studies for the Australian National University on the subject “EU attitudes towards previous Warsaw Pact states and previous Soviet republics”.
10 2017, Melbourne august
- Had a gathering aided by the Minister for Multicultural Affairsof Victoria Robin Scott; and
- Talked in the roundtable entitled “The UWC at 50 and past: the Australian context” at the Mykola Zerov Centre for Ukrainian Studies at Monash University.
11 2017, Hobart august
- Addressed the Ukrainian community in Hobart during a gathering arranged by the Association of Ukrainians in Tasmania, headed by its President Maryna Ladaniwskyj.
12-13 2017, Melbourne august
- Checked out the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Ukrainian parish college, where he talked because of the students;
- Met with all the Eparch regarding the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and person in the UWC Board of Directors Bishop Peter Stasiuk;
- Delivered a keynote target in the priorities of this UWC as well as its primary future goals throughout a gala commemorative banquet committed towards the UWC’s 50 th anniversary in addition to 26 th anniversary of Ukraine’s independency arranged by the AFUO together with Association of Ukrainians in Victoria;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at Sts. Peter and Paul’s Cathedral; and
- Visited St. Mary Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Cathedral in Essendon and paid respect into the victims of this Holodomor during the Memorial within their memory on the territory for the Cathedral.
UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw accompanied UWC President Eugene Czolij during their visits to Canberra and Melbourne.
“On behalf regarding the Ukrainian World Congress I express my appreciation to your Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organizations headed by its Chairman Stefan Romaniw for arranging the stop by at Australia, which enabled the presentation of essential Ukrainian problems to government that is high-ranking and strengthened UWC ties with local Ukrainian communities” – stated UWC President Eugene Czolij.
S. Romaniw and (first from right) welcomes E. Czolij and their wife A. Czolij (at left) during the banquet in Melbourne. L. Slipetsky at the center